March 23, 2012

Classroom Library Linky Party

Mrs. Rider at Literacy and Laughter is having a classroom library linky party… Come join the fun!

 

I have shared bits and pieces of my “library” before.. not that I would call it a library. My students and I call it “the book table”.

022

My room is small…like really small! So, space is a BIG issue with my library. So, I have a child size round table by my mat area and I change the books out weekly for my students. This week was all about dinosaurs…

002

The Dr. Seuss book table.

018

The USA book table.

009

Dogs book table.

In a past classroom {which was 3x the size of my current classroom} I had a wicker couch and chair in my library- It was a huge area.

I also use the table for little “trinkets”, stuffed animals, children’s magazines, pictures.. whatever my students might like to look at when they have a few extra minutes.

I also keep catalogs there too. They are always a big hit. Oriental trading ones are the best! They love to “shop!”

026

Most of my books are organized by theme on two shelves. One stays covered up with a pocket chart. I raised the pocket chart this afternoon to snap this picture and I sparked a big interest with my kiddos. They loved checking out what was hidden under the pocket chart! HA!

I do have some books packed up in boxes in a storage building at my parents house.. and there is a box of monkey books in my guest bedroom and my “bear box” has been riding around in my car for months! You never know…

027

This is the other shelf that holds books in my classroom. It is behind my door. Those clear boxes go up pretty high.

I just changed out my “book table” this afternoon. I did leave a basket of dino books {my boys are obsessed!} and I added Easter books.

xoxo, kacey

ps.. I am finishing up a great dinosaur unit to post soon! We just finished up our dinosaur unit today and we had a blast! I cannot wait to share!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are very organized! I like the idea of having a little table for their books!

    Michelle

    Apples and ABC's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of putting catalogs in the classroom library. What a cute idea! My girls who play school at home would love that & totally "buy" things!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kacey,

    You always amaze me with your organization and units. I love them all.

    Please stop by my blog I have an award for you.

    Sue
    http://theverybusykindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-15-lovely-blogs.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I have a small room too, I know how precious every inch of space is!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea of including the catalogs! Kids do like reading and looking through those!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up!!!! I love that you put out catalogs! Love your themed book bins too!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete